Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Linux Mint 9 (Isadora): Part 2

As I've said, I installed the 64-bit version from the Live DVD. I did everything I learned from previous experiences and so was expecting a great time using Isadora. It wasn't so. For some reason I really don't know, and which I was too lazy to post in the forum, my laptop just kept hanging every few seconds, it was really annoying.

So I reinstalled it, still side by side with win7, and the next thing that bugged me was that the wireless connection would not work even after I had successfully installed Isadora and installed the hardware driver for the wireless: at first, I chose the one that was made by linux, not the proprietary one.



To cut my always long story short, I plugged the LAN cable, downloaded all the upgrades indicated, and switched the wireless driver to the proprietary one. Now, it's working.

The additional programs I've installed so far because they did not come with the Live DVD: Stellarium (real time planetary program), Klamav (anti-virus), Imagination (slideshow maker), Mint Dropbox (great file sharing).

It's working ok for now. I really do hope I last long with Linux Mint 9 :)

P.S. By the way, if you want a serious review of Linux Mint 9, click this: http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-linux-mint-9-isadora.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad

Ad

Ad

paypermails.com